[ SHOWGSD-L ] leaving

  • From: "Denice Krueger" <denice_krueger@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 18:10:35 +0000

I have not read all of the posts regarding this subject.  I do think there
are probably a number of things that cause people to walk away from the
sport of showing dogs.  I know that many of us are not wealthy and spend our
extra money on dog shows instead of vacations.  Mike and I have not been on
a vacation since we began actively showing dogs and going to the Nationals
every year.  I guess that is our vacation.  And, so far, that seems to be
fine for both of us.  What I do find interesting, though.  Dog A:  co owned
by three well known judges.  Dog B:  equal if not better quality than Dog A:
  co owned by three active, but little known people in dog showing.  Dog A
will finish his championship and become a select champion.  Dog B had better
be three times better than Dog A to even get a second look.  Sad, but true.
This, combined with the costs of showing a dog does make some people turn
around and walk the other way.
Denice