[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: kenniling & bloat

  • From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 16:12:42 GMT

Three of the Hooligans have bloated w/torsion, all three survived the surgery.
Each dog had completely different symptoms except for the white foam vomiting
(I'm paranoid about white foam vomiting, they go to the vet or ER when they
start this type of vomiting - it's served me well over the years, 1 was a false
alarm, the rest were major life threatening problems).
Echo was 9 when he bloated in 1993.  He had sucessful surgery with an
uncomplicated recovery.  He died a month before his 10th birthday from
hemangiosarcoma of the heart (I didn't even know he was sick until the day he
died).

JR survived mesenteric torsion when he was 8.  Fourteen months later, in 1999,
he survived bloat and also had an uneventful recovery period.  He lived to
celebrate his 13th birthday.

In 1994, when Kelly was 9-1/2, he bloated on an empty stomach.  Like the other
two, he had an uneventful recovery.  He died this past July at the age of
12-1/2 to unrelated health issues.

Gayle & the Hooligans!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uidB94023 - Link to The Hooligans
Albums

-- Sandra Kozub <skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Every bloat that I have had was with an OLD dog - and three of the four had
recently had abdominal surgery shortly before.   I elected surgery with them
& all but one survived.   In each case, they seemed to be pain free after
shortly after surgery.

Sandy
Sandra Kozub
KcK Kennels
http://iweb.tntech.edu/rkozub/kennel.htm

is Copyrighted 2008.  All material remains the property of the original author
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Get educated.  Click here for Adult Education programs.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2241/fc/PnY6rx9fZNwsX3FCVBL5kz7dkIqghRTr64OJdIzjEyUugYdp8w0ou/