[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: kenniling & bloat

  • From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 23:01:29 EST

These are not dogs that are destined to help the breed, no matter where  they
are when they bloat. It is terrible whenever and wherever it happens. It  can
happen when you are not home, when you are on vacation, when you are looking
the dog  straight in the eye. It is easier to save them when you catch it  in
its early stage, but bloat is bloat...these dogs should have no future in the
 breed. We are not losing the best, we are losing the worst.  Syd

In a message dated 12/12/2008 10:49:34 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx writes:
We were  discussing having to keep dogs in runs and crates, well this is
truly MY  biggest problem with kenneling dogs.

We loose the best of our breed to  bloat, because if you don't see it in the
first minutes, you have no hope at  all of saving the dog.