[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: a new question about showing GSD's

  • From: Ann Mariano <brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 03:01:33 -0800 (PST)

I know for myself, I handle my dogs in the All Breed ring for several reasons.
The All arounders tend to look for a total package, type, balance, movement,
and clean coming and going, not only side gait.  Splayed feet, egg beaters, bad
temperemnt, lack of breed type will often not win in the all breed ring even
though they may have the best side gait.
 Most all arounders I have found want a balanced dog, with a smooth coordinated
gait which opens up without racing around the ring. In addition,  most all
breed judges hate doubling, where in the Specialty ring your dog is always
doubled.  Often when I win owner handled it is due t my dogs being trained, and
being a "total" dog, and many times judges comment on how well my dogs are
trained, and presented since slot of the All Breed judges feel most of the dogs
they see are untrained, due to their constant doubling, looking for mommy and
they can not properly evaluate them.  I have had dogs win at the Specialties,
even a R/Best in Futurity bitch, but always handled by a handler since I can
not run in the Speicalty ring, nor will my dogs run for me in theSpecialty ring
since it truly is a different style of handling, doubling is essential, and a
definate different expectation of the judges..
Ann Marie
www.amarigsd.com
Home of
Ch Fairway's Leah v Nadelwald TC ROM OFA
Ch Amari's Beware of Foxy Roxy CGC TC OFA
Ch Amari's Elizabeth Taylor OFA (Best in Show Bred-By winner)
Amari's It's All in the Game (pointed at 8 months & in-training :))
Breeder/Owner of
R/Best in Futurity Ch Amari's Ava Gardner TC OFA
Ch Amari's Bandit of Broadcreek OFA (Multiple Group Placer)
Amari's Blissfull Jazz CGC TDI (Major pointed)
Amari's Cinderella von Hornberger (Ch pointed)
Amari's Chances Are (Ch pointed)
Amari's Ella Enchanted (Ch pointed @ 7 months/Major Reserve @ 11 months)