[ SHOWGSD-L ] Thisa and Thata

  • From: NHANSBURGH@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 12:31:29 -0400

1.Busy looking for a good local carpenter to do a weeks work here.
Should be no trouble getting one since the housing market dropped
through the floor and there won't be much building.The building money
will be going to roads which of course includes bridges.

2. Have to have some surgery done on my right hand this month. Am not
looking forward to it.

3. Am finding it interesting to see how little has really changed here.
In the 1940s when we first came here the local country club did not
take Jews. My dad wanted to become a member of the Golf Club at the
Cragsmoor Country Club in 1949 and they turned him down for that
reason.Well Dad joined two other local Golf Clubs and eventually they
tore down the Cragsmoor Country Club and broke it up into lots. They
never learn . Despite the fact that we spent the fifties and sixties
integrating everything, up here they are still trying to keep things
segregated only now its orientals they do not want. Evidentally nobody
here likes it
in Hawaii.

4.My Uncle Albert )Allie Hakam) was a cop. In fact he was a Police
Chief in Miami. Everybody knew him and he knew all the Hotel Keepers
both here in the Mountains and on The Maimi COast. The Canadian
Mounties taught me how to really drive and all the Police departments
have always been friendly. Anyway. We have had some small vandalism
here so I reported it to the State Police. This past weekend a stranger
drove onto the property did not ring the bell andbanged loudly on my
door, Did not identify himself and woke me from a sound sleep. The dogs
rushed to the door and when I mistakenly very sleepily opened it they
went right out and nailed him. Got a call from the health dept to find
out how the dogs were. I said they were fine evidently the guy was not
poisonous. The insurance company lowered my rates for having security
guards on the premises, and is including the dogs in the policy. And no
it was not Melody. It was Jack and Tiara.Some people like German
Shepherd
s.