[ SHOWGSD-L ] Thisa and Thata

  • From: NHANSBURGH@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 19:46:34 -0400

1. The shows at Ballston Spa are quite nice. Good rings nice areas for
setups and grooming good parking. Easily accessible only minus was no
place to bathe dogs.There were major entries both days.

2.There were nice dogs and many shepherd people. At ringside were Ed
Barritt Grace Pappas
Charley Mardecz Dan and Marilyn TheMillers and many others.

3.There were a dozen handlers there. The quality was as good or better
then at most specialties. George showed Jack both days and placed both
days to great applause from ringside which was much appreciated.

4.The party at Dan and Marlyns was small but nice kind of like the
Orange Coast Christmas parties. Had quite an interesting talk with Ed
Barritt which went much deeper then the surface banter. We kind of make
each other think. Jim who is eleven looks wonderful and never left the
dining room table. George attired in red swim trunks spent most of his
time in their new pool. smaller then Evans but big enough.

5. I was reminded of
something that Rita Sandell once told me not in these words but meaning
the same thing. A bad judge makes a mediocre judge look much better. Or
in the world of the blind the one eyed man is king.

6. Personally I can put up with Bad judging better then I can put up
with blind obedience to authority. The German mentality has not really
changed. Bad judging is just plain stupid but blind obedience to
authority is dangerous.

7. By the way both judges did the temperament check and did it
correctly. Score one for our Team. And the winners bitch class on
sunday looked as good if not better then at any show anywhere anytime.

8. The traffic coming home both days was terrible almost as bad as
Route 5. But judging was early both days and we avoided the summer heat
which was nice for the dogs.