[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Sitting Fee -- A new one on me

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <RockyLizard@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 18:41:27 -0400

I don't see the point in a sitting fee.  For Pete's sake, the photographer
is there to take pictures UPON REQUEST...where do they get off charging a
sitting fee?
   I can see charging a fee for something off the premises, such as a studio
photograph, or even something like a head study taken specially at the show,
but not for the usual show photo........that's what the photographer comes
to the show for.........and if nobody wants photos taken, then he or she
makes no money.  Same ... if the photos suck, the customer shouldn't have to
pay... just as you go to a restaurant for dinner, and if the meal is no
good, you either send it back and try a new meal, or flat out don't pay.
         I would NEVER pay a show photographer for a poor shot, and I sure
as shooting wouldn't pay a "sitting fee" or any other fee..........the
pictures cost enough, and if they're good, I'd pay........but the rest can
come out of the photographer's pocket...........they know up front that they
may lose money, and nobody tied the photographer up and dragged him

    Yes, the most up-to-date folks have facilities right there to show you
the photos...and still, I would not pay for anything other than the print I
can hold in my hot little hand........         I think if the word gets out
that exhibitors have to pay for bad photos, that will be the end of anyone
selling show photos.
           Peggy