[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Sitting Fee -- A new one on me

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: Erynbrook@xxxxxxx, LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 07:14:25 EDT

This came up a while ago on the list (after I paid one heck of a number
after ordering off a
of a web site, Becky sent a few  e-mails to the  same photog and we all
learned we had to pay "extra" for  magazine or web usage...a LOT extra, and
these
were specialty/futurity  shots).

Some of these folks have some new/strange ideas.

While $28 isn't bad for one  8 x 10 photo, the sitting fee IS  objectionable
if it's a lousy photo.

The trouble with, as Ginger suggested, not pay the fee if you don't want  the
photo, is that you'll be in their data base as a non-paying customer and
you'll never see another photo from a show they're doing.

I'm blessed.  Our local AB guys charge $36.34 for 2 8x10, no fee if  sent
back (which I never have because not only are they good, but even if the  color
could be better indoors, I DID order the shot).  They are  another $14 if you
want  4x5 web image on a CD or $38 if you want a 8 x 10  printable image of a
CD w/ a copyright release.  I'm doubly blessed because  they still send the
photos, in mailers/ w plastic so you can see what you're  getting.  No tiny web
image that you ca enhance from their site w/  PROOF written over the dog so
that you're surprised when you get the actual  photo!

The specialty gal...now that's another story.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

In a message dated 6/1/2008 12:12:46 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Erynbrook@xxxxxxx writes:

I guess  I didn't make myself clear enough. It is OK I guess to pay $28 for
one print, but in the event it is a lousy picture, or just plain wrong,  and
you
do not want to buy it, the sitting fee is NOT   REFUNDABLE!

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.