[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Shiloh Shelpherds

  • From: EastGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:45:56 EDT

--ca4.be9ebaa_alt_bound

Shiloh Shepherds are not GSDs. The Shilohs fought for this designation and
also mixed other breeds and lines into their dogs. These are not just large
GSDs, they are Shiloh Shepherds. Considering all of the "bad blood" created by
this group (The Shilohs) and how they use GSD health issues and the looks of
showline dogs as a selling point of their dogs and claim that today GSDs are
not  what they should be (hense the reason for the creation of this new breed)
I  would think it would not be a good idea to give GSDCA award to this dog.
Let the Shiloh clubs give an award to this dog or other organizations.   This
is not a GSD, it is a Shiloh Shepherd.

Here are some links to read about what the Shiloh is supposed to be, read
the opinions on OUR dogs and on German Imports.  Is this something you  want to
support?  Would the Shiloh clubs give and award to a GSD for the  same heroism?

_http://www.shilohshepherds.info/intro.htm_
(http://www.shilohshepherds.info/intro.htm)

_http://www.shilohshepherds.info/whatIsAShilohShepherd.htm_
(http://www.shilohshepherds.info/whatIsAShilohShepherd.htm)
Quote:
"Admittedly, movement IS a very important part of the OVERALL BEAUTY  of
these animals, but each dog should be judged as a WHOLE!! Most fanciers were
satisfied when the dogs did NOT SHOW ANY AGGRESSION (or protective instincts)
because as "SHOW DOGS," they had to be subjected to MANY INDIGNITIES with a
variety of handlers and judges checking teeth, tails -- TESTICLES, etc -- The
dogs had to become SUBMISSIVE ZOMBIES that could RUN AROUND IN CIRCLES "LOOKING

PRETTY." Intelligent dogs like LONDON subjected to this kind of a lifestyle
would soon end up DISTRAUGHT and DEPRESSED! How would YOU like being kept in a
cage most of your life -- and only "fussed" over after you ran around the
ring a  few times and won a ribbon!!? Some men may enjoy working at
"CHIPPENDALES"  flexing their muscles for a group of bored housewives -- and
some women may
 choose to become PLAYBOY BUNNIES -- BUT!!! If that was ALL they were good
for--  and children were only produced from the "most popular" pairs -- how
many
 generations would it take for the "human race" before they all turned into
"POWDER-PUFFED MINI-SPOOKS?"
It took less than 20 years of breeding back to the "modern" German Shepherd
to water down the intelligence of the Hobo dogs!! In a conversation with Mr.
Eisenmann last year, we were informed of the TERRIBLE TEMPERAMENT AND SMALL
SIZE  that these dogs were now experiencing!! We have already taken steps to
help  Chuck BRING BACK the "London" dog -- WITH THE EXACT FACE MARKINGS -- AND
ALL!!"
She is referring to the TV Dog Star London BTW.
This link explains how they are genetically different and explains the MAW
factor
_http://www.shilohshepherd.org/origin.html_
(http://www.shilohshepherd.org/origin.html)
Now, while I think many of these dogs are very beautiful and I respect many
of the breeder's dedication to health testing and breeding information these
dogs are NOT GSDs, they are their own breed. I am sure that many a GSD can  be
found that has performed such an act of heroism.
JMO, sorry so long
Cherri

Stan says  "De asini vmbra disceptare"

Eastgsd
Cherri  Pursell
_www.eastgsd.com_ (http://www.eastgsd.com/)
Thom's  GSDs NJ

--ca4.be9ebaa_alt_bound

<HTML><HEAD><META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=
=3DUS-ASCII"></HEAD>
<BODY id=3Drole_body style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #004000; FONT-FAMILY:=20=
Georgia"   bottomMargin=3D7 leftMargin=3D7 topMargin=3D7 rightMargin=3D7><FO=
NT id=3Drole_document   face=3DGeorgia color=3D#004000 size=3D3>
<DIV>Shiloh Shepherds are not GSDs. The Shilohs fought for this designation=20=
and=20
also mixed other breeds and lines into their dogs. These are not just large=20
GSDs, they are Shiloh Shepherds. Considering all of the "bad blood" created=20=
by=20
this group (The Shilohs) and how they use GSD health issues and the looks of=
=20
showline dogs as a selling point of their dogs and claim that today GSDs are=
 not=20
what they should be (hense the reason for the creation of this new breed) I=20
would think it would not be a good idea to give GSDCA award to this dog.&nbs=
p;=20
Let the Shiloh clubs give an award to this dog or other organizations.&nbsp;=
=20
This is not a GSD, it is a Shiloh Shepherd.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Here are some links to read about what the Shiloh is supposed to be, re=
ad=20
the opinions on OUR dogs and on German Imports.&nbsp; Is this something&nbsp=
;you=20
want to support?&nbsp; Would the Shiloh clubs give and award to a GSD for th=
e=20
same heroism?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A   href=3D"http://www.shilohshepherds.info/intro.htm";>http://www.shil=
ohshepherds.info/intro.htm</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A   href=3D"http://www.shilohshepherds.info/whatIsAShilohShepherd.htm"=
>http://www.shilohshepherds.info/whatIsAShilohShepherd.htm</A></DIV>
<DIV>Quote:=20
<P>"Admittedly, movement IS a <I>very </I>important part of the OVERALL BEAU=
TY=20
of these animals, but each dog should be judged as a WHOLE!! Most fanciers w=
ere=20
satisfied when the dogs did NOT SHOW ANY AGGRESSION (or protective instincts=
)=20
because as "SHOW DOGS," they had to be subjected to MANY INDIGNITIES with a=20
variety of handlers and judges checking teeth, tails -- TESTICLES, etc -- Th=
e=20
dogs had to become SUBMISSIVE ZOMBIES that could RUN AROUND IN CIRCLES "LOOK=
ING=20
PRETTY." Intelligent dogs like LONDON subjected to this kind of a lifestyle=20
would soon end up DISTRAUGHT and DEPRESSED! How would YOU like being kept in=
 a=20
cage most of your life -- and only "fussed" over after you ran around the ri=
ng a=20
few times and won a ribbon!!? Some men may enjoy working at "CHIPPENDALES"=20
flexing their muscles for a group of bored housewives -- and some women may=20
choose to become PLAYBOY BUNNIES -- BUT!!! If that was ALL they were good fo=
r--=20
and children were only produced from the "most popular" pairs -- how many=20
generations would it take for the "human race" before they all turned into=20
"POWDER-PUFFED MINI-SPOOKS?"</P>
<P>It took less than 20 years of breeding back to the "modern" German Shephe=
rd=20
to water down the intelligence of the Hobo dogs!! In a conversation with Mr.=
=20
Eisenmann last year, we were informed of the TERRIBLE TEMPERAMENT AND SMALL=20=
SIZE=20
that these dogs were now experiencing!! We have already taken steps to help=20
Chuck BRING BACK the "London" dog -- WITH THE EXACT FACE MARKINGS -- AND=20
ALL!!"</P>
<P>She is referring to the TV Dog Star London BTW.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>This link explains how they are genetically different and explains the MA=
W=20
factor</P>
<P><A   href=3D"http://www.shilohshepherd.org/origin.html";>http://www.shiloh=
shepherd.org/origin.html</A></P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Now, while I think many of these dogs are very beautiful and I respect ma=
ny=20
of the breeder's dedication to health testing and breeding information these=
=20
dogs are NOT GSDs, they are their own breed. I am sure that many&nbsp;a GSD=20=
can=20
be found that has performed such an act of heroism.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>JMO, sorry so long</P>
<P>Cherri</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DGeorgia size=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" PTSIZE=3D"10"><=
IMG SRC=3D"cid:X.MA1.1174502756@aol.com";  height=3D81   width=3D61 border=
=3D0 DATASIZE=3D"1765" ID=3D"MA1.1174502756" ></FONT><FONT   lang=3D0 face=
=3DGeorgia color=3D#004000 size=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" PTSIZE=3D"12"> Stan say=
s=20
"</FONT><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DGaramond color=3D#008000 size=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SE=
RIF"   PTSIZE=3D"12">De asini vmbra disceptare</FONT><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DG=
eorgia   color=3D#004000 size=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" PTSIZE=3D"12">"<BR><BR>Ea=
stgsd<BR>Cherri=20
Pursell<BR><A href=3D"http://www.eastgsd.com/";>www.eastgsd.com</A></FONT><FO=
NT   lang=3D0 face=3DGeorgia color=3D#004000 size=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" PTSIZ=
E=3D"12"><BR>Thom's=20
GSDs NJ</FONT></DIV></FONT><BR><BR><BR><DIV><FONT style=3D"color: black; fon=
t: normal 10pt ARIAL, SAN-SERIF;"><HR style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 10px">AOL now off=
ers free email to everyone.  Find out more about what's free from AOL at <A=20=
title=3D"http://www.aol.com?ncid=3DAOLAOF00020000000339"; href=3D"http://www.=
aol.com?ncid=3DAOLAOF00020000000339" target=3D"_blank"><B>AOL.com</B></A>. <=
/FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--ca4.be9ebaa_alt_bound--