[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Shiloh Shelpherds

  • From: "Mike Crowson" <ruready8336@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <grnram415@xxxxxxx>, <CheradonGSD@xxxxxxx>, <dir@xxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 08:29:43 -0600

great post

MC
----- Original Message -----
From: <grnram415@xxxxxxx>
To: <CheradonGSD@xxxxxxx>; <dir@xxxxxxxxxx>; <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2007 11:41 PM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Shiloh Shelpherds

> Cheryl,
>
> Is Tina Barber the breeder of this particular dog.  Do you know for a fact
the handler of Gandalf feels the same way about GSD's as Tina?  Do you
personally know his handler?  I have met Shiloh owners, even in competition,
who have no issue with us GSD people or our dogs.  We even set up next to
each other at shows.  Don't particularly care for the temperament of some of
these dogs, but the people are ok.  Can't say the same for some other
herding type breed people.

> I have been to Tina's website.  I have also been to some GSD websites that
spew the same crap.  So, if the owner of a pup from a breeder on one of
THOSE GSD websites, who hates the GSDCA, has a dog who qualifies as a Hero
Dog, do we deny that dog because of the beliefs of the breeder?
Puleeeze!!!!
> Sending a letter of recognition, in no way takes anything away from our
Breed.  In fact, maybe it sends the message that we are not the elitist
snobs people think we are.  Because we can recognize the good deeds of
another breed, even one that doesn't agree with our standards.

> And, I bring up the same question, if your child/husband/parent was
missing/lost, are you going to say no to the SAR dog just because you don't
agree with that Breed's origin or politics?  I sure hope not.  I, personally
have a real issue with hybrid dogs, like Labradoodles.  But, if one came to
find my missing loved one, you can bet I would not doubt this dog.  And, I
would tell you and everyone else about the results.  And, I would do
anything to honor the dog that found him/her.

> Having an open mind about this is not a bad thing.  Can't change people's
beliefs but hope you think about what you would do in a similar, real life
situation.

> Respectfully,
>
> Laura Thomas

MANNER
> OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION
OF ALL