[ SHOWGSD-L ] Response to the President Gail Hardcastle

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 20:31:34 EST

As much as I support Gail, and I do 100%, I do not agree with her here.  This
is not a business, it is a club, and it is owned by and exists for the
members. There is nothing done by or for this club that should be kept from the

members. This attitude of secret materials or information began a few years
ago,
 and it is not supported by any law or even our by-laws.

It never became a problem until the last year when it increased to keeping
everything private. The costs of the lawyer for the Hunte matter, the terms of
the settlement, the decision to hire an attorney and a parlimentarian were
all  kept from the membership, for reasons only known to the then existing
board. It  was wrong.

We are the club. We are the GSDCA, and the board is just a group of us
elected to represent us, and to conduct business on our behalf.

Hopefully the trend of thinking there are events of the club that should  not
be open to the membership will slowly die a permanent death.  It might  take
some time to get there, but the new board should be sufficient to reach  this
goal.

I don't need or even want to know what charges were brought. But, all the
members of this club have a right to know, and the duty to respond.  Our  board
needs to recognize that they are no more in a position to deal with  charges
than are the other members.  They only represent us, and are not a  higher
power.

Evan
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come   together

In a message dated 1/5/2008 11:14:12 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx writes:

If the  membership were apprised of all  charges brought before the Board it
could be very prejudicial to those who  might be found non guilty of  these
alleged charges. The Board themselves  could be found to have  been party to
conduct prejudicial to the interests of  those  individuals by making any
charges open to the   membership.