[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Response to the President Gail Hardcastle

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: t.m.obrien@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, hardcastle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 09:08:54 -0800 (PST)

The only thing I am confused about is why did Helen post for Gail. Gail can
post for herself.
  Terry
T O'Brien <t.m.obrien@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi Gail and others:

First and foremost let me say that I fully support your efforts, and
those of the new Board, to take the club to new and improved levels of
action.

I also agree with Evan that members have a right and obligation to be
informed and to be able to respond on issues facing the club. But what
is unclear to me is the idea of the need to protect members :-\ . I
have not felt as though as a member of the club I needed to be protected
from anything!! =-O

Maybe "ignorance is bliss" as the old saying goes O:-)

But do we need to be protected from ourselves? :-\

I ask this rhetorically but I think it is an important question O:-) .
Maybe the by-laws do need to be rewritten =-O

Be well!

Tom