[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: REF: going away vs coming at you

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicisheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 13:16:37 -0500

This issue comes up more often then not. Not sure about shepherds but I do see
the occasional judge fault it in dals.

Probably because it is easy to find and an excuse when the judge can't figure
something else.

And many judges don't understand fronts and have to worry about that so they
can't about the dog's rear legs showing as them come at them (thought it is
incorrect in almost all breeds)..

Finally, it's the kind of excuse I expect from judges who don't know much or
are fault judges.
Jess M.Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC,
TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC> Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008
13:18:13 -0400> From: vicisheps@xxxxxxxxxxx> To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] REF: going away vs coming at you> > I thought I'd start
another line of interest as far as movement goes...> > When doing down & backs,
why are dogs that are a little wide going away( I mean just for a step or two)
are penalized for this fault more then dogs that are wide (very wide is some
cases) when coming back to the judge the whole distance? > Is there a
difference of importance on going away vs coming at you and if so what is it? >
--> Michelle> veni, vedi, "ViciSheps"> home of RBIF CH Vici's Wind Walker,
OFA'd> Am & Can CH Vici's Abilene V ShadowValley
Enjoy 5 GB of free, password-protected online storage.
http://www.windowslive.com/skydrive/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_skydrive_062008