[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: REF: going away vs coming at you

  • From: caggra@xxxxxxx
  • To: vicisheps@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 15:21:42 -0400

Not arguing?at all here Michelle, I just see it differently from my perspective
in the ring.? I was at a show recently that you were at too and one of the
judges consistently penalized both faulty going and faulty coming.?? From my
viewpoint in the ring every weekend I don't see it easier to win with one over
the other (faulty coming vs going), but that is just my opinion.?? You just
have to figure out which judges will give a little on which and take
appropriate entries to them.?
In the perfect world, all dogs would be clean coming & going....but if all dogs
were perfect we wouldn't need judges to sort out whose attibutes are great
enough to outweigh any faults.?? I do think the best judges do try to find
greatness in their winner's, not seek out faults and end up with less than
greatness.??? Personally, I would take a dog with?multiple great attibutes but
one glaring fault over a dog with no faults, but in my opinion nothing great to
offer.?

Jeff Pyle