[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Pitts DO KILL

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:22:07 EST

In a message dated 12/13/2006 3:05:10 P.M. Central Standard Time,
edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Pitts Bulls and Pitt Bull types are more or a problem than your  average
dog....saying a 4 pound Yorkie can be just as dangerous in the  right situation
is
like saying I have a chance to win the lottery  tonight...true but certainly
not likely...I am not going to come out  saying we need to ban these
dogs...(and Sheila they DO KILL, just trust  me on that one)...but if our
communities
don't do something soon and  something effective, the day is coming when I AM
going to cross  over to the other side and call for the ban of these
breeds....the  safety of innocent people come first...Ed Hill
ANY dog in the hands of the wrong person can be dangerous.   Perhaps Pit
bulls have a different  drive or  purpose than  some other breeds, but still
make
great companions for responsible  owners.  Yup, they do kill -  so do Rotties,
so do GSD's,  so do packs of dogs of mixed sorts.  You want the communities
to do something???  Who?   Are you ready to work on  this?  Is everyone out
there willing to start educating  people starting with our youth?  Because
education and getting  involved is the ONLY way to stop this.  More un-enforced
laws we do  not need. More government involvement against these breeds we do
not
need.    More laws only hurt those of us who are  responsible dog owners.
Before you cross Ed, become part of a solution.   I am a co  chair of the SW
RALEEF committee....perhaps you need a calling, before you  condemn.
Molly
Trillia  German Shepherds since 1974
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont,  Life member CKC
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog  biscuits in your pocket
and then give him only two of  them>>>>Phil  Pastoret