[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Pitts DO KILL

  • From: Kris Kudel <vomkristallaugen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, GSD0110@xxxxxxx, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:05:03 -0600 (CST)

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
Date: 2006/12/13 Wed PM 03:53:26 CST
To: GSD0110@xxxxxxx, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Pitts DO KILL

In a message dated 12/13/2006 4:43:13 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, GSD0110@a=
ol.com writes:  I have been extremely against Pit Bulls for years because I=
 was once a   breeder of APBT's.=A0 My ex-girlfriends little boy got in the=
 run with an   old male that I owned after I had quit breeding.=A0 He spent=
 8 hours in   surgery and 11 days in the hospital for his trouble.=A0 I was=
 devastated   also.=A0 My dog had never (he was 8 years old) even ACTED lik=
e he would   bite a person before that day.  =A0  My contention is this:=A0=
 A Pit Bull is no more likely to bite you   than a GSD.=A0 BUT if a GSD has=
 to bite you it will do JUST what it has to   do to stop the threat.... I h=
ave done quite a bit of protection work and that   is true even with traine=
d dogs.=A0 If a German Shepherd would do MORE than   that he is mentally de=
fective.=A0 A Pit Bull, while no more likely to bite   you originally that =
the GSD... or Poodle, or Lab, or Golden.... will not stop   when the threat=
 ends... if it gets started it will KILL you if it can.=A0   Whether a pers=
on wants to believe you or not that is the truth.=A0 I have   NEVER conside=
red myself and EXPERT on GSD's (I am working on it) but I DO   consider mys=
elf an expert on Pit Bulls.You have hit the nail squarely on the head IMO G=
ary.=A0 To everyone who says "all dogs can be dangerous" or "any large dog =
can kill", read, reread then read again Gary's experience.=A0 When you hear=
 "other large dogs", emphasis on the "dogs" part of it.=A0 Pack behavior is=
 quite different (and not what we're talking about).=A0Individual Pits (and=
 Filas, etc.), IF they bite,=A0DON'T stop after "a"bite.=A0Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!
visit Pine Hill German Shepherd Dogs

This may be true, but GSD's are next, Rottie's , etc.   If I can't get home=
owners insurance because I own a GSD..............they got their bad rap so=
mewhere too.   I'm not "for" or "against" Pits, and I'm not putting anyone'=
s own experiences down..........but if we banned every dog that "could" bit=
e????   I mean come on

Kris Kudel
Kamelot
Shepherds      UPDATED http://mysite.verizon.net/krisbob1/