[ SHOWGSD-L ] Membership By-law Changes

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 10:51:57 EDT

In a message dated 8/26/07 8:15:28 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx writes:
Trust  me, you guys....in trying to come up with a rewrite on our Breeders
Code,  I downloaded every other breed code I could find.  Every one of them
has
language that forbids wholesaling/retailing.
And they  also are not shy about putting some real teeth into some of
their  codes.  More than I would EVER presume to include in ours....
I don't understand why an attorney would say such a thing as it being
illegal....it's OUR club....was this attorney perhaps working for Hunte on
the
side?

I back Jamie, (as I always do).

We had two very good attorneys on our board who said restrictive language  is
fine. I said so, and I litigate the rights of 401C corporations all the
time.  The only person who told the club they couldn't do it, was the  attorney
hired to deal with Mr. Hunte. She did have a number of opinions that I
listened
to and agreed with. This was not one of them.

The attorney dealing with Hunte's attorney was convinced by Mr. Hunte's
attorney of a number of things.  That was her opinion and our board  rejected
Kris
and Margy, and went with her.  That was unfortunate. Now, we  should allow
Jamie to build the code we need, and one that will avoid the  problem in the
future.

Evan  (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/