[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Mediocre

  • From: MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 16:59:32 EDT

You're right, I've never owned a champion.  Haven't been able to GET that
far.  Need to be able to buy a dog first.
But quite frankly, I don't think one should need to own a champion in order
to know what is great, good, or mediocre!  Owning/showing/breeding champions
has nothing to do with knowing what is the best and what is mediocre!

You either know and have a good eye, or you don't!  That's the point people
are trying to make, and to try to make others opinions seem less just because
they don't OWN a champion...to me, that seems a bit silly.

And when you say somebody needs to own something to know something...well, it
doesn't make sense to me.  You use the terrier analogy, but you don't know
anything about terriers (like you said).  But does that mean we in Shepherds
who
are talking about mediocrity but don't have a CH don't know anything about
GSDs?  Certainly not!

 - Jackie

In a message dated 7/10/2006 3:54:00 PM Central Daylight Time,
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:
BY
THEIR OWN ADMISSION (that's why I recopied THEIR posts)  HAVE NEVER EVEN
OWNED A CH?????