[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Mediocre

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 09:07:46 -0700 (PDT)

excellent response Paul!...I applaud your post!....Ed
RivendellP <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  No Kathy...you are quite right in
your observation. But most of us have enough respect for the difficulty it
takes to achieve a Championship...not to decry those dogs on a Conformation
list.
I have judged dogs of lesser quality but never once did I treat them anything
other than a Champion. I still bring them into my ring one at a time and take
them around twice while applauding at the same time. I may think the dog is not
worthy to be a Champion but you would never notice or hear it from my words or
actions.

Whether or not they deserve to be a Champion of Record is a moot point...for
they are and it was no less difficult...actually probably harder...of a journey
to get there than the best of the best. It is respect for that journey and the
title I applaud.

Paul

Ch's are dogs of outstanding merit, all equally wonderful, all equally worthy?
I have to respectfully disagree, there are some that make you go ...."HUH?"

Kathy
POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original