[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Judging the Dog the Day of the Show

  • From: Kay Reamensnyder Betty Doerpinghaus <bedkar@xxxxx>
  • To: <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <jim_barnhart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:49:34 +0000

Maybe an AKC Field Rep needs to come to some of the specialties.......
a judge addressing some the exhibitors familiarly and by first name  would
find themselves in deep trouble. -Kay Reamensnyder and Betty Doerpinghaus -Home
of Bedkar German Shepherds -bedkar@xxxxx -Visit our Website:  www.bedkargsd.com
> Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 07:14:53 -0700> From: edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [
SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Judging the Dog the Day of the Show> To: bedkar@xxxxx;
jim_barnhart@xxxxxxxxxxx> CC: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > Jim, I agree. A few
years back when I was using Christina and most judges didn't know her, we went
to a show and in the first class addressed all the handlers on a first name
basis and ignored her. She went last with a better dog. I won't show to that
judge today.> Ann Home of Sel Ex # 6 Ch Maxwell, Sel Ex Ch Gilley and #1 Dam
Muggles - owner/breeder of 68 champions and 19 ROMs> > --- On Mon, 9/22/08,
James Barnhart <jim_barnhart@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:> > From: James Barnhart
<jim_barnhart@xxxxxxxxxxx>> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Judging the Dog the Day of
the Show> To: "Kay Reamensnyder Betty Doerpinghaus" <bedkar@xxxxx>> Cc: "gsd
showlist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Date: Monday, September 22, 2008, 4:16 PM>
> On Sep 22, 2008, at 11:08 AM, Kay Reamensnyder wrote:> > > Jim,> >> > You can
"howl at the moon" all you want...but, the truth of the > > > matter is> > that
at any given show, on any given day, a Judge's ability and > > integrity will>
> be perceived in many different ways by the exhibitors,etc.> > Kay, That
variety of perception is part of the human condition no > doubt. I believe that
inside that ring should be a minimum amount of > decorum. A judge should not
show familiarity with one exhibitor and > not all. A judge must never leave a
perception that all dogs weren't > judged equally. Like that statement in the
standard "hard to define > but unmistakeable when present", we know who is a
dignified, > honorable person who takes judging as serious business and who
does > not. Most judges have this quality. It is a moral standard for all >
judges to live up to if I can help it. It does not involve bashing. > This
moral standard is protected by the clubs who choose the judges. > Jim> >> >> >>

============================================================================>
POST is Copyrighted 2007. All material remains the property of the original>
author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of any kind>
are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND of the>
Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. > > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT
THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY> MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH
APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION> OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST
AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND> IS A VIOLATION OF LAW.
VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED. > > For assistance, please
contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE -
www.showgsd.org>
List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org>