[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Judging the Dog the Day of the Show....and turnip trucks...

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bedkar@xxxxx>, <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <jim_barnhart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 10:57:03 -0700

Don't forget that some Judges live in the same area as some handlers and know
them
very well.    I would hate to see some severe discipline over an accidental
name slip.....
I might be naive.....but I always assume honesty until proven wrong.      Wall
have been
there as Ann mentioned......and we know dishonesty when we witness it.
There are no Turnip Truck Refugees ringside at a German Shepherd Dog
show........ <G>
A good and honest judge is a good and honest judge no matter how many handlers
they know
in the ring.    I can't see an accidental slip of the tongue because they know
'Joe'  as being
proof of dishonesty or need for an AKC Field Rep.    If the judge is
dishonest......the entries
under them will show that in time.
Most of the time when we see it..... if the judge is  "playing
games".......they also put on a good
show of acting like they don't know who the dog or handler or owner is, or the
dog's "history".
We all know a good dog,   and know when one loses......or wins.
Like a good dog that is  "the cream that rises to the top"........it's the same
with judges.   Most
of us know who they are........ or will learn quickly.   <G>   Often the most
admired and talked
about dog at a show or even the National is one that lost.
Ringside is watching.......and they didn't get there on a Turnip Truck!    <G>

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com