[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Illustrated Standard/ IMPORTANT!!

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: susan-sullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 23:54:32 -0400

Excellent post Susan.  I agree wholeheartedly with you.  Just because
the dogs of today have changed from what the original standard set
forth, doesn't mean we need to change it to accomodate what is being
shown today.  What does this mean to the future of the breed?  Are we
going to keep changing it every decade to keep up with the "trend"?   Is
a dog to be considered something "fashionable" at that moment?  Get back
to basics.  The German Shepherd is a classic..................and a
classic never goes out of style!  JMO,  Barbara Galasso