[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Illustrated Standard/ IMPORTANT!!

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:49:09 EDT

I think what Helen is saying is what I was asking.   If the WRITTEN standard
hasn't changed, how can the Illustrated Standard be changed w/OUT changing the
WRITTEN Standard.   Maybe our dogs have changed in the last 50 years, but
have they changed WITHIN the standard or OUTSIDE the standard.   Is a new IS
being drawn to show changes that have occurred?   Then why is the standard the
same?   For sure, my knowledge of the structure of the GSD is still in the
learning stage after only 12 years, but I still pull out the WRITTEN standard
check when I am unsure or lost sight of some aspect of the STANDARD as it is
WRITTEN.
Stormy

In a message dated 8/15/05 3:23:46 PM, VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx writes:

> That's what I said in my first letter concerning the Illustrated  Standard.
> Orrie's was made Generic,because it IS the Standard,and that doesn't
> change.
> Types come and go,Styles change. We see in comparing old Reviews with
> today's
> dogs. And it will continue to evolve in our breed,and other breeds  as well
> .But Type and Style is not permanent things,but the STANDARD is. You  don't
> change that.---- Helen Miller Fisher

www.FairhopeGSD.com