[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hunte...etal

  • From: tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "Showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 18:45:09 +0000

I was staying quiet too, Paul but have to add to this.  "Hobby" breeders are a
recent event.  In days past most 'show' dogs came from LARGE breeding kennels.
Most of those are gone now because most folks with that kind of money are no
longer into dogs.  So, what defines a "puppy mill?"  Is it number produced?  If
so, the Dodges, Firestones, and LLoyd Bracketts of OUR past would have failed
many of your tests.  So would many of teh folks on this list if turth be known!
 Personally for me, its the conditions the dogs live in, their basic care, and
their care after breeding is over that matters most.
Since most of us, US including ME, breed very little, and are VERY picky where
our pupies end up, {if you believe posts to this very list] WHERE are first
time dog owners, pet people, uneducated but more than willing to learn PET
owners, supposed to get their dogs???  Obviously from posts on this list - not
from US!   Didn't you own a purebred sometime in your past BEFORE you got into
show dogs?????  It had to come from somewhere!  Its called supply and demand!
And WE have encouraged the proliferation of these large scale breeders by our
elitism!  After all, how many tims have people posted "would you respond to
this e-mail?" questions to the list?????????

We really need to consider that we may be driving away the large, POSSIBLY
RESPONSIBLE, breeders who MAY be the ones who will save us! Divided we ALL
fall!!!  JMO

FLAME AWAY!!!!!!!!!

Suzanne
www.tsalishepherds.com
Home of Ch Cookie HT RN TC CGC, Ch Flair, BIS/BISS Ch Yancy HIC HT PT RN TC
CGC, Ch Flash, Mousser (10 points/1 mjr), and Lil' Miss Gilli! Website updated
01/06

From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>