[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hunte...etal

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 18:49:37 -0500

However...that elitist attitude is more prevalent in some breeds than
others, and in other breeds, anybody with money can buy a dog if they
can find one, without filling out a questionnaire, or signing their
lives away, but those  puppies are few and far between.
    I agree that the reasons you give are very common reasons, and I'd
be inclined to go elsewhere if someone handed me a multi page
questionnaire, too, so I can't blame them.  In fact, I'd go elsewhere if
I were given a one page form to fill out!
    There are breeds, however, where it has nearly ALWAYS been standard
that you go on a waiting list and wait, sometimes for well over a
year...Cavaliers are still one of those breeds, unless you want one from
any Tom, Dick or Harry.    All the best breeders of Cavaliers either
maintain a wait list or will suss you out pretty thoroughly before
letting you have a puppy...even if it's on restricted papers!  I
remember when Corgis were like that, too, but I don't think they are any
more.  In any breed, there's always some one who will sell you something
cheap...
or even sell you something expensive, but who knows what you're getting?
Peggy