[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hunte...etal

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, <tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 20:48:42 -0800

But we can't compare hauling puppies around in a big semi to sell to any buyer
to what
those breeders of the past were doing.   They were trying to improve and
develop the
Breed in the USA and spent tons of money on that effort in importing,  and
caring for
the dogs...... and it was just a different Era....a "developing" of the Breed
here.
We all care about basic care and conditions....but the most important thing is
the
kind
of homes the puppies go into, and most breeders spend a HUGE amount of time
talking
to initial buyers and inquiries and yes, WILL  turn down a buyer for what we
believe
is
the right reason.  Even then, we can make a mistake.   It is HUGELY time
consuming.
Most of us respond to EVERY inquiry......good or bad....KNOWING some are a waste
of our time....but I can't help myself.    People need to have the RIGHT
answers.
Many don't want to hear it anyway.
It is not our job, or passion to supply the demand....it is our passion to
breed the
best puppy we can according to the Standard, and find the absolute best home for
that puppy.  I don't call that elitism.......I call it caring and
responsibility.
I would never stop crying if I sent my puppies away like cattle in a

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com