[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: How about this for a side discussion

  • From: "Ginger Cleary" <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 02:47:06 -0400

I am in total 100% agreement with everything Kathleen has said here.

This very discussion came up a while back on the OBEDIENCE lists I am on.
99% were totally opposed to the idea. For one of the very reasons Kathleen
mentioned.... one more advertising plum for mutt 'breeders'.

Ginger Cleary, Rome, GA
Never underestimate the ability of the hypocritical to hoodwink the
sanctimonious. www.rihadin.com <http://www.rihadin.com>

From: "Kathaleen Strong" <inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: How about this for a side discussion
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 10:54:17 -0700

I received a call from the AKC yesterday.  I thought oh goodie,
information
on my application.

Nope, it was a survey.  They asked me 5 questions --- ALL pertaining to
the
following:

Would I be in favor of the AKC starting a service that allows MIXED
BREED
DOGS to be "registered".  For mixed breed dogs to be eligible for
competition in AKC events.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I
thought the whole point of all KENNEL CLUBS was to promote the breeding
and
perfection of the PUREBRED DOG.

I sure hope that someone at the National takes Carmen by the hand and
tells
him he better get that organization under control!

I mean for pete's sake!  First this Petland thing, then this Hunte
thing and
now "mixed breed" dogs?

From the AKC Website:

AKC Mission Statement

The American Kennel Club is dedicated to upholding the integrity of
its
Registry, promoting the sport of purebred dogs and breeding for type
and
function. Founded in 1884, the AKCR and its affiliated organizations
advocate for the purebred dog as a family companion, advance canine
health
and well-being, work to protect the rights of all dog owners and
promote
responsible dog ownership.

AKC 's Objective:

. Advance the study, breeding, exhibiting, running and maintenance of
purebred dogs.

AKC's Core Values:

*    We love purebred dogs
*    We are committed to advancing the sport of the purebred dog
*    We are dedicated to maintaining the integrity of our Registry
*    We protect the health and well-being of all dogs
*    We cherish dogs as companions
*    We are committed to the interests of dog owners
*    We uphold high standards for the administration and operation of
the
AKC
*    We recognize the critical importance of our clubs and volunteers

Hate to say it, but WTF is going on at the AKC?

Kathaleen Strong - Inflight Kennels Reg'd - Breeders of:

1995 US GV, AOE-1996 US GVx, Jubilee ROM

http://inflight.cnc.net
Website creations available - Email me directly

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain
confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the
use of the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use
or disclosure is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including
the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the
communication.