[ SHOWGSD-L ] How about this for a side discussion

  • From: "Kathaleen Strong" <inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 10:54:17 -0700

I received a call from the AKC yesterday.  I thought oh goodie, information
on my application.

Nope, it was a survey.  They asked me 5 questions --- ALL pertaining to the
following:

Would I be in favor of the AKC starting a service that allows MIXED BREED
DOGS to be "registered".  For mixed breed dogs to be eligible for
competition in AKC events.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I
thought the whole point of all KENNEL CLUBS was to promote the breeding and
perfection of the PUREBRED DOG.

I sure hope that someone at the National takes Carmen by the hand and tells
him he better get that organization under control!

I mean for pete's sake!  First this Petland thing, then this Hunte thing and
now "mixed breed" dogs?

From the AKC Website:

AKC Mission Statement

The American Kennel Club is dedicated to upholding the integrity of its
Registry, promoting the sport of purebred dogs and breeding for type and
function. Founded in 1884, the AKCR and its affiliated organizations
advocate for the purebred dog as a family companion, advance canine health
and well-being, work to protect the rights of all dog owners and promote
responsible dog ownership.

AKC 's Objective:

. Advance the study, breeding, exhibiting, running and maintenance of
purebred dogs.

AKC's Core Values:

*       We love purebred dogs
*       We are committed to advancing the sport of the purebred dog
*       We are dedicated to maintaining the integrity of our Registry
*       We protect the health and well-being of all dogs
*       We cherish dogs as companions
*       We are committed to the interests of dog owners
*       We uphold high standards for the administration and operation of the
AKC
*       We recognize the critical importance of our clubs and volunteers

Hate to say it, but WTF is going on at the AKC?

Kathaleen Strong - Inflight Kennels Reg'd - Breeders of:

1995 US GV, AOE-1996 US GVx, Jubilee ROM

http://inflight.cnc.net
Website creations available - Email me directly