[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Helms Briscoe????

  • From: BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx
  • To: inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, longspeakgs@xxxxxxxxxxx, TISHW@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 17:17:17 EDT

Kathaleen wrote:
6) HelmsBriscoe is compensated by a placement fee from the venue that
receives your business so there is no cost to you for these site selection
services.
OKAY FOLKS... GET YOUR EYEBALLS ON and read point 6 again!!

My comment:
I did read this on their website and didn't mention it for one specific
reason, NO COST TO US is a farce.   If the venue pays HelmsBrisco, we pay.
Maybe
not the club directly, but you can bet the room rate reflects their fee.
Basically we are dealing with a middle-man to select show sites for our club.
corporation that size does nothing for FREE and neither do the hotels.

Kathaleen wrote:
Long story short -- it's not bad business practice to utilize services like
Helms Briscoe -- the only thing that needs to be insured is that they are
supervised and before anything is set in stone (IE contract) site visitation
is arranged for the contractee (us in this case) to insure that the
accommodations suit the needs.

According to the post from the Rocky Mountain GSDC:
After the site visit here that Nancy, Lea and Lew made, some of the hotels
that Helms Briscoe had booked were not deemed as hotels that can be recommended.

My comment:
Apparently HelmsBrisco didn't do such an admirable job after all.   Their
selections were unsuitable for our purposes after review by Lew and Company.

Regards,
Pat

 See what's free at http://www.aol.com.