[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Helms Briscoe????

  • From: "Margery Golant" <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx>, <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>, <inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <longspeakgs@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <TISHW@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 11:19:00 -0400

Gary, I try very hard to make sure to get my facts straight.  I also have
the sound recording, which helps, and which I listen to when I am not sure.
There was a lengthy discussion in January.  Lew did most of the speaking,
told us about Helms-Briscoe, told us about the Hilton problem, Kris spoke,
Nanci spoke, and I asked if thre was a cost in having them involved, a
number of people, including you, said "no".  Lew then explained at length
how it works like in the travel industry, and that each hotel has an
internal commission which is always payable to someone, whether an internal
employee or to an outside party like Helms-Briscoe.If I am mistaken that you
didn't support Helms Briscoe, it was not evident.

Lew related that the B&F Committee had even proposed that the Board ask
Helms-Briscoe to involve itself in working to back us out of the Hilton
situation, and there was even consideration of a motion to that effect.

Margy