[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: Re: Helms Briscoe????

  • From: Pdragon4@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 16:50:54 EDT

hi,

as someone who has seen the hotels helms briscoe secured -- they were not
what we wanted.  i don't think that helms briscoe understood our  needs.  so we
tried using a third party & it didn't work, we  need to learn from our
mistakes & move on.  i am not blaming anyone --  just saying that a new idea
didn't
work. some new ideas do work & others  don't -- no one needs to take sides on
this issue or place blame.

as someone who has worked for non-profits for over 25 years, i too have  been
in charge of many special events (some with larger budgets & bigger
attendance than our national).  i have learned that convention &  visitors
bureaus
from various cities can also help us work with hotels to secure  good rates. in
addition, they can also work with restaurants, local points  of interest, &
potential sites to secure special deals for us.   (something helms briscoe &
companies like them can't do). also, with the  cvb's there are no charges for
the
hotels.  that means some  hotels that would say no to a business like helms
briscoe because it will  cost them money will work with the cvb.

lea ruggieri