[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fwd: Re: Helms Briscoe????

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pdragon4@xxxxxxx" <Pdragon4@xxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 11:11:16 -0500

Thanks Lea, for an informative explanation. I don't believe the hotel that
we are staying would be deemed unacceptable and I am not certain if others
had reservations at any of these other hotels. Despite what some may
perceive, I am on a fact finding mission. I really don't care who spins the
best story, the truth is the truth. Bottom line is this is all ridiculous
and embarrassing for the GSDCA to look so incompetent. All this squabbling
is like a bunch of second graders running to the teacher to tattle and
everyone wants their story heard first so they can be 'right" Bottom line
is most have been wrong on many accounts. From the bungling of the Hunte
issue, now this, to he said she said about the minutes, to ignoring the
potential of a virtual magazine...for a lack of a better phrase it is what
we call in southern Indiana as a big "Cluster f---" If I didn't love the
breed so much I wouldn't even renew my damn dues. Christine

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

Also
> again was this new "site visitation" approved by the board,  did all the
> Board know about it, if not who authorized it and who is paying  for it.
> Christine
>

> hello  christine,
>
> i do not have the list in front of me for the hotels that didn't  work.
> couple didn't have enough grass and they were in an area   with
warehouses and
> had no restaurants nearby, one was old & run down, and  another said they
> didn't have a contract with helms briscoe & would not give  us a special
rate.  if
> you really need the names of those hotels i can look  them up for you.
just
> let me know. i don't know if the helms briscoe  reprsentative & joan had
seen
> these hotels or not.  all i know is that  this plan didn't work out & i
see no
> need to make the same mistake  again.
>
> as to this new "site visitation"  that is not what it was.  each  year
the
> national show chairman has to make a couple of site visits to work  out
the
> details so the national can run smoothly.  everything cannot be  done by
phone.
> this was one of nanci's trips. i am nanci's assistant  & go with her on
at
> least one trip (at my expense).  i don't know who  paid for lew's trip --
he may
> have done that out of his own pocket too. you'll  have to ask him about
that.
> we met with the people at the site to work out  where everything will go
&
> what our needs are, we met with sod people to get  estimates, we met with
> caterers, florists, the convention & visitors bureau  to get them
involved in helping
> us, we spoke with the shuttle service that will  get people from the
airport
> to their hotels, i know i have left out some of our  appointments -- i
just
> can't remember who else we saw. oh yes, we went to each  hotel -- we
always do
> that so we can meet the managers & let them know  who we are in case they
have
> questions about how to deal with our members &  their dogs.
>
> these trips are done at a minimal expense -- the hotel comps a room, and
the
> caterers & cvb usually pick up the tab for several meals. the cvb also
> usually provides all our transportation too.  in colordo the WONDERFUL
ROCKY MT.
> CLUB provided out transportation (thanks patty & mike), paid for  some of
our
> meals (thanks to the whole club) and had a special meeting so we  could
get
> together with their members and they could find out how they could  work
for OUR
> club (we all owe them thanks in advance for the work they will  do). ask
the
> st. louis club about how much work the local clubs do (thanks st.  louis
club)
> for a national.
>
> and as to the hilton (who gave us an awesome rate by the way) lew did
> negotiate with them and they won't sue us.  the contract said we needed
to  rent at
> least 50 rooms to fulfill our new contract -- not that they would only
rent
> 50 rooms to us.  the manager said he would love to rent the whole  hotel
to us.
>  so if you called & were told the rooms were all gone --  call back. that
has
> been worked out.
>
> ONCE AGAIN, PEOPLE SHOULD NOT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS & SPREAD  RUMORS.  GET
THE

http://www.aol.com.