[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Helms Briscoe????

  • From: "Kathaleen Strong" <inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 05:32:00 -0700

That was what I was trying to get at in my initial email concerning the
bashing of this idea.

HOWEVER -- based upon a few of the private emails from people in the area,
the biggest thing that did not take place is the very thing I ended my email
with -- SUPERVISION!!!

I know that when I worked with companies like this -- the agents got a VERY
clear picture that they better get it right or they'd have a very uptight,
angry client that would take a LOT of extra work to make happy.  Also, when
we signed any agreement -- it was done with verbiage in the contract that
made it clear what the needs were, and what our expectations were.

If the company fell short of the mark -- it makes me wonder if A) they had a
very clear idea what they were expected to get for this Client or B) The
agent wasn't very good at the job (ie not the "top" sales person) C) They
weren't getting a big enough commission to make it worth their time to do
it.  All of the above.

Regardless, the question I have now is this -- why was the Hilton shot down
to begin with?  I've never been there, but I wonder why various committees
and this Board continue to try and reinvent the wheel, going back and
changing things that are already in place; adding new venues to try and
address membership desires without a clear picture of how these things will
affect the initial venue; Instead of sticking with tried and true etc.,
seems like a lot of wasted effort, aka spinning the reinvented wheel.

Kathaleen