[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: General--Important but long, sorry for length but worth reading

  • From: "Kathaleen Strong" <inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'ShowGSD04'" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 08:00:40 -0700

The FACTS I AM TRYING TO DETERMINE are those that occurred after the meeting
and before the ballots were mailed-        1. was a proposed copy sent to
someone on behalf of the club -          2. were corrections requested- i.e.
were a marked copies sent back to Election Trust-and were those marked
changes made        3.  how did the return on the envelope get changed- I
would have imagined that prior examples would have been provided to Election
Trust-     4.   Additionally I find it difficult to believe that  Election
Trust does not have a physical address, at least for payment.
I am not trying to place blame but need to know for the integrity of future
elections-Kris

My question 1 is:

Were the board members provided with actual copies of the proposals and bids
or just numbers?

Question 2:

If they were not, why did you proceed with voting on it?

Statement:  I called the State of Washington, Department of Licensing
Business search line, to verify who actually owned and represented this
company.  I was given all the names of the owners, their UBI number, and
their recorded address.  Now it is entirely possible this company has a PMB
as their mailing address - a lot of companies do, this doesn't mean they are
a poor quality company.

I personally found the quality of the material I received from this company
to be VERY PROFESSIONALLY laid out, with the same typeface and font size
used throughout the bios, the layout of the ballot was clear and concise,
with crisp lettering... far more professional than the "crap" we have
received from "Honest" ballot in the past.

I can not imagine this company cut people's bios on purpose... I can only
assume that they were missing in the information they were provided.  The
thing I did find lacking were the sizes of envelopes used in this job.  This
may have been a mistake on their part, or another miscommunication.

Regards,

Kathaleen