[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: General--Important but long, sorry for length but worth reading

  • From: "solanagsd" <solanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 01:59:21 -0700

Why was this posted 3 times by 2 different people???????????????
Deborah Gebhard
Solana Shepherds, MI
  From: "Ken and Pat Downing" <ABRAXASKP@xxxxxxxxxxx>  Add to Address Book
  <javascript:document.frmAddAddrs.submit()>   Add Mobile Alert
  <http://us.f613.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLetter?MsgId=2828_605210_17435_3076_34
  41_0_11222_12067_705166582&Idx=0&YY=12986&inc=200&order=down&sort=date&pos=0
  &view=a&head=b&box=Inbox>
  Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by
  yahoogroups.com. Learn more
  <javascript:Help('http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/context/context-101.htm
  l')>
  Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 19:36:38 -0700 (PDT)
  Subject: [General--Important but long, sorry for length but worth
  reading
  Due to my wife's injury I have been unable to keep up with all the internet
  happenings and what has been occurring for the past 17 weeks.  I have
  received a smattering of what has been going on and today I received my
  ballot with the biographies and have also tracked tonight's emails.  The
  internet is a very important information tool if it is used correctly and
  the information is accurate.  What appears to me is the same thing that
  occurred two years ago with incriminating statements, half truths, innuendos
  and just out and out false information.

  I have served since 2000, 4 years as your President and almost 2 years as
  your Vice President and this year will complete 6 years as your Budget and
  Finance Chair planning the budgets for the club and working to make us
  financially secure.  Before that I was on the Board of Directors.  I have
  done my best to stay out of this election and only endorsing one or two
  people because I know that in the main our membership can sift through all
  of the , and pardon this BS, and no concrete action plans rather than just
  fluff bios and no actual plans to solve the problems.  Even though everybody
  this year is in favor of improving the very things that Board members and
  officers have been for improving as long as I can remember including my
  terms.

  As an example, in reviewing the bios Carmen Battaglia stated "as budget
  chair and helping bring the parent club to its best financial position in
  the clubs history".  I have to assume that Carmen means at that point in
  time even though the statement does not say that.  I would like to give
  actual facts and I will make it simple to understand.  Year end audited
  results, Rhea and Ivy, for 1999 shows under assets cash and cash equivalents
  $479,303 and total assets of $523,422.  Year end 1999 results includes any
  results from Carmen's service as budget and finance chair and our president.
  Upon my election in the year 2000, I assumed the chairmanship of the Budget
  and Finance committee with Gene Tenges as the Treasurer.  I have served 4
  years as your President and Budget and Finance Chair and one full year as
  Vice President and Budget and Finance Chair.  Year end 2004 audited results,
  Rhea and Ivy, the cash and cash equivalents shows a total of $728,524 and
  total assets of $770,269.  Now I am not a mathematician but I believe that
  since I assumed the position of Budget and Finance Chair the cash and cash
  equivalents has increased a total of 52% in 5 full years.  Our total assets
  have increased 47% in the same 5 year period.  I expect year end results for
  2005 to be very favorable.  I am not trying to be uncharitable to Carmen and
  I would hope his bio statement was an oversight or lacking in complete
  information.

  There has been questions about how the Board arrived at selecting the firm
  Election Trust for our ballots.  This gentlemen who runs this election
  ballot company was at a dinner with Lew Bunch in Oregon after the National
  and I am trying my best to paraphrase what was said.  Lew had discussed our
  balloting with this individual and Lew had informed our President of this
  situation and also that a bid was forthcoming from this individual.
  Subsequently a bid was received from this individual which included some
  differential in mailing costs and return mailing costs which I cannot at
  this point explain how they would make a bid in this manner.  However, their
  total cost was bid at a considerably reduced price over all other bids.  I
  must admit that the Board voted in favor of this company based on the
  strength of limited knowledge about this company.  The fact that they were
  considerably less expensive was appealing which may not be the case in the
  end result.  The point here is that receiving bids from ballot firms is the
  job of the Corresponding Secretary and all the dealings regarding this are
  her responsibility and then to be reported to the Board.  In this instance
  that did not occur as other people became involved.

   I have always been open and forthright and always willing to answer any
  questions.  However, after reviewing today and this evening the information
  on the internet the same tactics that were being used two years ago
  generated by a small group of people.  I trust that the membership can look
  through the smoke and mirrors, pay particular attention to FACTS!!!  As an
  example, one ludicrous email indicated that because some candidates had not
  responded to a questionnaire which asked specific questions they would be
  unsatisfactory because they answered this questionnaire.  We as members
  should be overjoyed when any candidate answers any questionnaire with
  specific answers and plans as opposed to a general biography touting
  champions, judging, fluff.  I implore each member to look at their ballots,
  think back about what people have said and done, how they conduct their
  business, and vote accordingly.  Warmest Regards, Ken Downing