[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSDCA Membership?

  • From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
  • To: tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 17:07:40 EDT

Dean Wylie is the Regional Clubs Chair.

In a message dated 6/9/2011 5:02:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Hi  Kathy

I think you missed my point.  :)   She  does not have to do that, she
started doing that earlier this year  sometime.  Our club does look at the
memberships in the Review, but it is  nice that Laura does this and being the
membership chair for our Reg'l  Club, it helps me not overlook anyone.

My point is that  right now, that is the only communication the PC does
with it's Reg'l  Club's.  I think in order to help better the club, their needs
to be  better communication.  A lot of Reg'l Clubs are struggling for
different  reasons but the bottom line is, there is no support system and even
though many will express regret etc, there is no one representing the Reg'l
Clubs on the PC level.  That is why I think maybe a laiason that has
several Reg'l Clubs that reports to one specific board member (since there are
19, that should spread the #'s enough to where it is not so overwhelming)
would be a good start.

Anyway, I feel for all the Reg'l  Clubs that are trying to survive, as well
as the PC that is trying to survive,  I don't have the answers either.

Chris

Chris S.  (Jolley)  Kimerer
www.tanbarkgsd.com

Ch. Tanbark's  2MuchBling Joelle Aramist OFA H/E
Ch. Trotwood's Emerald v Tanbark  Joelle Aramist
AOE Sel.Ex.Ch.Carousel Farms Samantha, PT, TC OFA H/E
Ch.  CaralonQED JD Drew Bleibtreu, RN OFA H/E
Ch. Cresther's Blast of  Kenlyn, HI, CDX, OFA

From: Carolyn Martello  <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSDCA  Membership?
To: tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx
Cc: "The List"  <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 7:09  PM

I see another Club possibly folding.....and I honestly do not  know what
the Parent Club can
do about this problem.   They  cannot 'force'  interest in a local Club!?
 They cannot  force
membership and they cannot force educational meetings and training
classes??   Particularly
when no one wants to belong to an  Organization unless it does "something"
for them even
on a local  lever.
I do believe if we need something specific from our Board or Parent  Club
we should contact
them and ask.........and see what the reaction is  before we blame them for
our own problems
or dissatisfaction.
On the  other hand......I will never understand why a dog Club needs 19
Board members  when
we can often not even pull an entry of 19 at a DOG  SHOW!!??   An easy
expense to solve!!
<G>
One  specific thing I have mentioned before that I believe the Parent Club
CAN do  that may not
help us.....but may better help us to understand problems and  be able to
help with ideas or input
when we cry out for a National in our  own areas.

I would LOVE to see the Treasurer's Report have a specific  report on ALL
expenses and income
for our  National......ALL.......from sheep to sod to seating.    A
complete  separate report....of
every little detail.

I  think if we want to see more Ads in the Review and more dogs and
Articles.....we have to run the
Ads and submit the articles and show the  dogs.  <G>     Until Ads are more
 reasonable......the Ads
just won't happen from most of us........$450 for  one page.......$450  for
a show weekend to try to
finish a  dog...........HMMMMMmmmmmmm .........<G>

Carolyn     marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com