[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSD faces euthanazia due to owner's death

  • From: Suzanne Jambe <suzannejambe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 18:01:23 -0500

I think there are places/people willing to take the dog...but the point that we
shouldn't lose sight of is the dog is/was the lady's property, and she got to
choose, even if we don't like it. She's apparently indicated the dog had a
history of aggression (according to the article).  Maybe that's the reason she
felt the dog should be euthanized, that she didn't want to pass along a danger
to someone else...or maybe she was worried the dog would end up in a shelter,
frightened and alone. If it's the former, IMHO she probably made the right
decision...if the latter, maybe the executor will place the dog in a new home.

We all have to make sure our dogs/cats, etc, have care when we are gone...it's
becoming more and more common to include provisions in trusts.

Sent from my iPad