[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: C'mon guys - Let's make this happen

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Falkrigia@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:50:27 EDT

Lynda

This is probably the best idea and one that can be so effective.

I pledge a monthly donation to this project. I received so much help from
listers when I was actively doing rescue, this feels like coming full circle. I

am in no position to foster at this point, but I will be happy to help,
financially.  While we find a trust worthy person to take care of the money  (
love your suggestion about Dave), how about we send the money directly to
Dawn?  Someone post Dawns address to the list so we can all start sending  our
donations.  And may I remind you that if we all send $1 a month, that  is a LOT
of money.  So don't hold back thinking  you cant send  enough.  WE are all
sending.

If we open a checking account with Bank of America (as an example since  they
are all over) Dawn can even get a debit card that she can use to pay and  the
money is more accessible in case of emergencies.

I Love this idea.  This is a HUGE step in the right  direction.

Ileana

In a message dated 7/16/2007 2:44:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Falkrigia@xxxxxxx writes:

Dawn's soooooo accurate. A few dollars a month from each of the  folks  on
this list who can afford a few - which would be most  everyone I think - even
 if
it's just $2, would make a tremendous  fund for saving GSDs.

Maybe what we need to do is take someone we all  trust explicitly ( My
nomination would go to Dave Fritsche but I'm  sure we have many suitable
people),
make them the List Rescue  Treasurer, have them receive and bank the monies,
giving us a  monthly report on the list and sending funds out as requested by

Dawn who could be our rescue funds coordinator.
I'll bet before long we  could even have that GSD sanctuary well under way
someplace  centralized  - or maybe even 2 - on on each side of the country.
WE
ARE A MIGHTY FORCE. Let's do something incredibly meaningful with all  this
power !!!

suggestions ???????  Let's get it going  !!

Lynda  Bragg-Workman