[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Codes, Disclosure and Bias

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:57:04 EDT

Yes, this is a problem:

People are not forthcoming about their dogs shortcomings.

(How is that for a slogan?!?!?!)

If there was more honesty about the dogs problems, and I am not talking
about a white toe, but real issues like spynal problems, mega problems,
temperament problems, bloat......If there was honest disclosure, we will be in
better
position to correct and alleviate some of these issues.

But no, people take it personal....
If people found out my dog produces bad temperament, they are going to  think
I need mental help <G>
If people found out my dog produces missing teeth, they are going to think  I
need dental help.
If people found out my dog produces long coats, they are going to think I  am
feeding my Rogaine to the dogs.

and yada,  yada ,  yada.......

Hope springs eternal.......

Ileana

In a message dated 7/16/2007 5:58:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Now that  all sounds great, right?  Disclosure.  Easy enough.  But to  ensure
disclosure we MUST remove the stigma attached to breeders that admit  they
have a problem in an individual or a line.  We must stop  whisperings or
rumors or sometimes just nastiness .....if we all know, or  at least
principle parties in a breeding agreement know...then they can  decide whom
to use, or if.     Secrecy is the enemy, bias is  the enemy.    Disclosure,
Education, Communication, and some  empathy for people facing these issues in
their dogs.....it could be any of  us, at any time.

Kathy