[ SHOWGSD-L ] C'mon guys - Let's make this happen

  • From: Falkrigia@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 14:22:22 EDT

In a message dated 7/16/2007 1:53:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
windwych@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Meanwhile, I have a GSD who is going to be put down today. I am going  to put
him into boarding in Tenn. until I get the transport for him to  Kristi's. He
is a neutered male, NO aggression issues, has had all appropriate  vacc's
including bordatella. Will be HW tested before he goes anywhere...I  told the
volunteer that I was sorry but if he was HW positive (even a light  positive)
he
could not go to the foster home I had lined up. Going to put it  on the list
hoping for some donation money. His pull fee was paid, so that was  a help.
There is another one who is going down on Wednesday for sure if no one  takes
her. Sandi Card said she would take her (dont know how seeing as its a  12 hr
ride for her) if no one did...another situation where we COULD board,  but for
how long! I can get this dog to Kristis, so I know this will be short
term....but then I am out of places to stash someone. I cannot afford to pay
for board
for dogs in other states...we need that pool of money from the GSDCA
members! If everyone would just donate a few dollars a month, we would be
GOLDEN!
Dawn

this was a private post to me but I felt it needed to be shared. Hope Dawn
doesn't mind

Dawn's soooooo accurate. A few dollars a month from each of the folks  on
this list who can afford a few - which would be most everyone I think - even
if
it's just $2, would make a tremendous fund for saving GSDs.

Maybe what we need to do is take someone we all trust explicitly ( My
nomination would go to Dave Fritsche but I'm sure we have many suitable
people),
make them the List Rescue Treasuerer, have them receive and bank the monies,
giving us a monthly report on the list and sending funds out as requested by
Dawn who could be our rescue funds coordinator.
I'll bet before long we could even have that GSD sanctuary well under way
someplace centralized  - or maybe even 2 - on on each side of the country.  WE
ARE A MIGHTY FORCE. Let's do something incredibly meaningful with all this
power !!!

suggestions ???????  Let's get it going !!

Check out  our websites below for regular updates
Gene Workman
Lynda  Bragg-Workman
Falkrigia Shepherds
_www.falkrigiashepherds.com_ (http://www.falkrigiashepherds.com/)