[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Canadian Problem

  • From: "Margery Golant" <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hardcastle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Showlist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 16:53:59 +0000

The point now is that, regardless of why or how it happened, it needs to be
ADDRESSED - NOW while there is still an opportunity and still enough time.  It
can be handled, if it is handled now, by FedEx.  If that is expensive, that is
unfortunate, but NOT A REASON NOT TO DO IT, and it is not a decision to be made
by Bill anyway.  Cost is secondary - the primary issue is to provide a viable
solution that is compliant with the By-laws.
I have heard a rumor that the Canadian members are now being told to vote by
open fax, and to waive confidentiality.  That is impossible, and I hope it is
not true.  The By-laws contain very clear provisions as to how the ballots must
go, and fax is not an option.

Two years ago, at the tail end of Ginny's term, there was a problem with an
election company who won the low bid and who messed up the non-US ballots.  So,
NEW BALLOTS were sent via FedEx, with pre-paid FedEx returns.  There is no
earthly reason not to do the exact same thing - now.

Margy

-------------- Original message from "Gail Hardcastle"
<hardcastle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: --------------