[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Canadian Problem

  • From: GreyPines@xxxxxxx
  • To: mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 15:12:59 EDT

Margy
I don't think anyone has ever said it is or will be Bill's decision.
I have been doing my job and executing my prudent fiduciary  responsibilities
by gathering unit cost information and making it  available.
I have contacted, by telephone, FedEX, DHL, Purolator, UPS  (International
and US shipping personnel) and  the US Postoffice and  checked the Canadian
Postal site for rates.
I have pulled together the facts and made them available.
There has never been any statement by me that I would be making a  decision

Margy - Get you facts stated properly so as to  not mis lead the members and
the Board.
Regards
Bill
_Bill Pfeiffer, GSDCA Treasurer,  Internet Chair & Contracts Chair
919-781-4955_ (http://treasurer@xxxxxxxxx/)

The point now is that, regardless of why or how it happened, it needs to be
ADDRESSED - NOW while there is still an opportunity and still enough time.
It can be handled, if it is handled now, by FedEx.  If that is expensive,  that
is unfortunate, but NOT A REASON NOT TO DO IT, and it  is not a decision to
be made by Bill anyway.  Cost is  secondary - the primary issue is to provide a
viable solution that is compliant  with the By-laws.
I have heard a rumor that the Canadian members are now  being told to vote by
open fax, and to waive confidentiality.  That is  impossible, and I hope it
is not true.  The By-laws contain very clear  provisions as to how the ballots
must go, and fax is not an option.

Two years ago, at the tail end of Ginny's term, there was a problem with  an
election company who won the low bid and who messed up the non-US  ballots.
So, NEW BALLOTS were sent via FedEx, with pre-paid FedEx  returns.  There is no
earthly reason not to do the exact same thing -  now.

Margy

I don't think anyone has ever said it is or will be Bill's decision.
I have been doing my job and executing my prudent fiduciary  responsibilities
by gathering unit cost information and making it  available.
I have contacted by telephone FedEX, DHL, Purolator, UPS  International and
US shipping personnel and  the US Postoffice and  checked the Canadian Postal
site for rates.
I have pulled together the facts and made it available.