[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Breeds

  • From: "pmick12" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "GSD List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 18:49:40 -0500

Regarding Silken Windhounds...the registry will not accept any puppies until
they see them...they want to know what they look like.........no matter what
the pedigrees say.  That's because they don't breed true at all...to me,
that speaks volumes.

They are still doing crosses back to borzoi, and there are rumors of whippet
crosses still happening, too.   Several months ago, one of their "breeders"
posted a pedigree on the internet with whippets in the 4th generations.  Of
course, as soon as word got around, the pedigree was removed.  The club
removed its "registry" from its web site months ago "for maintenance". and
it's not back yet.

    And, the founder of the breed, a gal named Francie Stull, was kicked out
of ASFA for running a ringer at a trial.     Seems to me that a liar here is
a liar there...........

         so much for Silken Windhounds.  About 20 years ago someone came to
the show in Manassas with what appeared to be long-haired Whippets.......and
tried to pass them off as Silken Windhounds then.  Sort of giving a new name
to coated GSDs, and mixing in maybe Leonburgers.........and trying to go on
from there.   What's the point?  Until they breed true, they're mongrels.

Boykins are an old breed, well established long before AKC found them, and I
believe they breed true.

              Peggy