[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Breeds

  • From: PBECCAJO@xxxxxxx
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 11:52:00 EST

"Right On" again Carolyn. We have so many breeds that I can't think of
anyone wanting to add to them. I haven't done my homework about it, but, I'll
bet that most of the cross breeds look like a breed that already exists! OR
something similar enough....and crossing breeds... Lets see...cross a Pug
with a  Peke and you get long hair Pugs.....(back to Pekes). My interest
would be change  what is already around to stamp out the more than plentiful
genetic diseases in  every breed today that was created by the people who
created that breed....NOW  if they made a GSD that was the size of a
min-schnauzer, and less poop, that  didn't pull me and my gimpy arm around the
ring,
etc., but wait lets  see.....black and tan spitz (without the curly tail).LOL
Patty J.

In a message dated 1/29/2010 11:17:59 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Typically  we who are owners of AKC Reg. BREEDS have chosen a  specific
Breed that appeals
to us in every respect as our family Pet,  Competition dog, Working dog,
Herding Dog, or  "whatever"
dog.   What makes that AKC Breed .....IS their Breed Standard.
IF we become  Breeders and Exhibitors or Judges of that Breed......the
Standard SHOULD  be
the "all and end all" ...or the 'measurement'  or 'ruler'  of  that Breed
in our decisions.
People who prefer a specific Breed typically  pay  good money to insure
they have one that is a good
recognizable  representative of that particular Breed.
IF some don't care about a  particular Breed.....or don't even care if it
IS a "BREED"......that is fine  too,
as long as they leave the Breed Standard and the guardians of that
Standard alone to safeguard
and keep it as the recognizable Breed it  is!
That  means taking disqualifying faults  seriously.

Sure,  I can own anything I want.....including a 'green  mix breed  that
meows'.....but I should not push to
have that become  an acceptable characteristic of any well established
Breed and Breed  Standard.

Carolyn     marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

---- Original  Message -----
<Stormy435@xxxxxxx> wrote: >Didn't mean to get on  whether long coats,
whites >or greens should
be or shouldn't be  dq'd.
Neither  did I. I was only pointing out that some of the things (traits) WE
(AKC  breeds) may consider
to be disqualifying faults are not necessarily  rejected all over the
world. That was it. I wasn't arguing
for or against  DQs or anything else. Just pointing out the simple fact our
standards are not  the be all
and end all of  everything. They are important to US, but  not to all.
Karen C.  Email:  kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org