[ SHOWGSD-L ] Breeds

  • From: "fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GSD List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 13:43:59 -0500

Hi All;
All the talk about the mix breeds and folks breeding them, first with the
exposure of taking our Club booth on the road to different
doggie functions for educating the public on responsible ownership, and yes,
the AKC mix breed program., I will tell you that the people
I have meet that are training their "Mutts" already have them spayed or
neutered as they have come from Rescue Groups that require this.

Second., I know Evan mentioned about how new breeds come to it. Well, I found a
new breed this week after being contacted by
their National Club in regards to having shows and our show site and hotels. I
asked her to send me the web site so I could find out
about the breed. I love learning more about breeds and what is behind them.

The breed is called the Silken WIndhound, go to there web site and read had the
breed was developed over the last almost 40 years
and they are seeking AKC approval. Very interesting reading, also have any of
you read about the Boykin Spaniel, which will compete this year and is an all
American breed.

Cathy
Kelstar

fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx