[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Board meetings (Long)

  • From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 13:54:11 -0800

"Not my fight" "They exempted show animals" "Don't want them to know where I
live"
Apathy, no organization, comes out when it's about to affect them, and most of
all no main organizing body.  Or person.  Each org. has this ego problem, and
actually don't play nice with other organizations.  Each lobbyist speaks for
their own group and sometimes shoots the other feller in the foot.  Look what
AKC almost did with AB1634!  Or PAWS.  TheFarm Bureau just pulled opposition
from a bill in a state because they switched focus to dogs and cats.

States NEED their own local groups (states federations, etc.).  They know their
state or their local area and can work best there.  Not every problem needs a
National intervention.  BUT an effective National group can umbrella these
groups and guide, support and come to their aid.  They can send professional
lobbyists if needed, and watchdog and go proactive.

As I said, I only know of 3 truly national PET groups.  NAIA, ADOA and CFA and
then RPOA.  I DON"t agree that the small local groups are not needed.  But
ORGANIZATION, having an strong umbrella group with a warchest that can move
fast and effectively.  YEP, that's needed.

Just suggested that we have a symbol for ALL animal WELFARE groups, from snake
owners to dairy farmers, from cat owners to horse owners, and of course, dog
owners.  A symbol that means  that we are united and fighting, then moving
ahead and forward, moving them back into the ditch and we take the high road.

Stormy
On Feb 20, 2009, at 1:37:02 PM, "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
I don't understand why ALL CHARTER BREED CLUBS, Dog food manufacturers,
suppliers, distributors, etc don't ALL join forces. There is strength and
MONEY in numbers.