[ SHOWGSD-L ] Bad Legislation

  • From: "terraf" <Terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "show gsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 15:53:01 -0600

Carolyn et all...it would be wonderful to combine into one or two but reality
is that each state must take action.  Our state representatives and senators
tell us all the time that they have no idea unless we, the constituents, let
them know first hand.  So we really can't let our fight just be one lobbyist.
My personal thought is that our Parent Club must act now, along with AKC and
along with all other breed club and dog clubs to band together and fight.  But
unless we are united we really don't stand a chance.  It is a state by state
fight because some states are not enacting these stupid laws.  Truly we are not
doing the work.  When was the last time your club or the parent club got on TV
to talk about good stewardship or breeding or something people are interested
in.  Like how our dogs do therapy, or other work that others in a less
competitive world might care about.
I wish it could be simple but I think we have to do a lot of state by state
work which means we all need to do what we can: send money, use some local
activism, write letters, inform the masses etc...
But this is not a one persons ideas, we all need to share and keep the talk
going...we have to do this and now!
terra
Terra Fairburn & Nanc Kinley
Keggi Fair German Shepherds
www.keggifair.com (UPDATED)
members of the GSDC of Quad Cities & GSDCA
www.gsdcqc.com