[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Board Elections

  • From: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: diwri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 17:42:38 +0000 (UTC)

 - Original Message -----  From: Diane Wright <diwri@xxxxxxxxxxx>  To:
showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  Sent: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 17:27:46 -0000 (UTC)  Subject:
[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Board Elections    I would again beseech anyone interested in
being on the board to volunteer for committees and prove that you're willing to
put your own time and resources into helping the club and the other members.
Also, go to board meetings and see how hard the board works and learn about the
GSDCA  and the entire process of running the club.   Yes, it would be on your
own dime, but if you run and are elected to the board, you will be spending
LOTS more of your own dimes!!!          I have tried to work with the herding
committee, & I know others who have tried as well.    I supplied the sheep for
the OH National when C Course was held on site. It was the first year
tending-style instinct testing was offered, also on site. Susan & I went to the
site months ahead of the National to look at the facility & design the course.
We arrived ahead of the trial to put the course in.     I didn't try to make a
killing off the GSDCA for the rental & travel, I asked for fees that covered my
expenses. My employer donated the printing for score sheets & herding instinct
certificates. I think the herding catalog (which was beautiful) was donated as
well. I know the time I spent (at work) doing the layout was. I designed socks
to sell as fundraisers. I wrote herding articles in the Review. C Course
herders on the committee, Debbi, Ruth, Susan & I along with the C Course
exhibitors worked hard & spent a lot of our own dimes to make on site herding
happen.     I'm going to speak for everyone & say we weren't on the committee
to be on a committee... we were there because we love herding & want to see
herding at the National be a National-type experience. Our help is not wanted.
Our input is not desired. I don't know what "they" are looking for in committee
members... it doesn't seem to be people with years of experience in the sport
with GSDs.     It's extremely frustrating to to be treated as a second class
member by the club. Even more so to try to promote the task the breed was
created to do, only to be disregarded time & time again. :-/      Diane Wright

Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.     Each Author is responsible for
the content of his/her post.  This group and its administrators are not
responsible for the comments or opinions expressed in any post.    ALL PERSONS
ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY
MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL
VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.     For
assistance, please contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxx    VISIT