[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Be careful what you ask for

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dan-ann@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 07:53:22 -0700

I remember walking by an EZ-up with a dog in the crate way back near
the front.  I was about 10 feet in front of the EZ-up.  The dog went
off as if it wanted to destroy the crate to get to us (Dog and me).  I
was mid-point between the obedience ring and that set-up for the
conformation ring.  Everybody around the obedience ring shook their
heads in disgust.  My dog just looked at the frantic snarling dog and
we went on.  But this happened everytime somebody walked by that dog
and that far away.

The dogs that I had in crates or x-pens at shows would not misbehave
like that.  If somebody walked up, they would stand and observe, they
might let out a sharp warning bark, they might have even had the hair
up if a strange dog got too close, but if they acted as if they were
going to kill a person or a dog, they would  have had a sharp reminder
of proper manners very quickly.

Stormy