[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Be careful what you ask for

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 20:03:26 -0800 (PST)

What is that saying??? The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.
Terry
ELG440@xxxxxxx wrote:
In a message dated 11/15/2004 3:34:36 PM Pacific Standard Time,
VSabiaB@xxxxxxx writes:
What is the real purpose of this "loose lead temperament test?

A while back some members of the board felt the temperament of our breed was
in trouble. They sent out a letter to all judges and developed a temperament
test. The intent was good, but the results are that a lot of the all breed
judges think out breed is in great need of testing.

The current result is that our judges at our shows, and now our national are
being corrected if it seems they aren't doing the test the right way. This
year one of them told me they were taken to the trailer and told to correct the
test she was using.

It is time to admit that our breed is doing better, and that we need to
continue to watch temperament, but not to the level it has reached. This
reaction
to our concerns is a fear of our breed. That is why I seldom show in all
breed shows.

Much like other things, good intentions are not always rewarded.

Evan
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

POST is Copyrighted 2004. All material remains the property of the Poster and
of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of any kind are
permitted without prior permission of the original poster AND of the Showgsd-l
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

For technical help and administrative matters, please contact the List
Administrators at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

http://mail.yahoo.com